Historical Fact Sheet
In 1849, the development of the area was slow until Dr. Henry Foster came looking for a
place to begin his water cure. The field of medicine was just beginning and it was thought
that the waters together with a strong religious revival could restore many to active and
useful lives. Clifton Springs was well known throughout the eastern part of the US and
hundreds of people came to enjoy the benefits of the water and the rest and regain of their health.
Modern day Clifton Springs offers an excellent school system, modern hospital, YMCA, Chamber of Commerce, Rotary Club and numerous other organizations, country club/golf course, national bank, library, senior citizen community, volunteer fire department, Alcohol Counseling and Referral Agency, park area, shaded streets, large manufacturing firm, active business section, churches and a day care center.
Clifton Springs, NY 14432
Fax number (315) 462-6235